We're kicking off the new year with an exciting announcement. For several months, we’ve been busy preparing for the launch of our first ever full-scale redesign. We decided it was time for a makeover, especially since we’ve grown so much and so quickly over the years. It became readily apparent that we needed to build a new platform that responds to the needs of our expanding audience and the strong demand for quality local government coverage.
We’ve taken great pride in serving our readers with timely information about the politics, policy, and best practices of county governance across the state. It has also become apparent that CountyNews is also the 'go-to' place for information on critical advocacy efforts, and our new site will feature new ways to not only learn about county issues, but also engage at the local, regional and state level.
Our goal with the new design is to create a comprehensive news site full of new and exciting features. Here are just some of the changes we have in store for you:
- Advocacy Center: Get the latest on key developments in Sacramento impacting counties, and make your voice heard.
- In the market for a new job? We’ll feature an updated, sleek and far more accessible jobs board
- A one-stop shop calendar listing of notable local government-related events
- Improved commenting: We want to hear from you, and our new site will make it that much easier for you to connect with Facebook-integrated comments
- Vendor directory: A one-stop resource for the innovate products and services helping cities serve their residents.
Reader satisfaction and the loyalty we’ve worked hard to earn were foremost among our concerns about a new look. Ultimately, this site is about you -- our readers -- and we thank you for your continued interest in our publication.
Please know that we value your input, comments, and suggestions, so any feedback you may have about what you’d like to see more of (or less of) and how we can improve, let us know. We want the new site to be as much yours as it is ours.
Thanks, as always, for your readership and sticking by us all these years. We can’t wait to show you the new site, and we trust you’ll find it a refreshing and compelling change from our current design. Stay tuned for more details as we transition to our new home and we look forward to rolling out the welcome mat.
The CountyNews Team